Sunday, August 18, 2013

Some Random Photos

In this post are a lot of pictures and videos that don't really fit in any other category, so I thought I'd put them all in a "random" post.


My parents set up this little pool by the big pool which the kids just love.  Here Roman, Domenic and Savannah are having a great time!



I had to take a picture of this because it was just so funny.  I always ask Domenic what color he wants for his plate.  Lately, he has gone a step further and wants the entire matching place setting.  It doesn't matter if he already has a drink in a yellow cup, he MUST have the blue cup to match his blue plate and blue bowl!  Sounds like my child!



I know what you are thinking: "Is this kid always such a mess?"  And the answer is "Yes!"






I just thought this was the strangest looking moth, but so pretty, too!  Check out the antennae - they look like little ferns or leaves!




As part of my kitchen decor, I decided that I would create new art for each month/season/holiday as appropriate.  I am really not an artist, so this was my attempt at some "April Showers" art.  It should be noted that it is now August and I still have the April artwork up...



I really liked the name of Quinton's restaurant!  


So Roman's Circadian Rhythms are really off, which from anecdotal evidence on-line, seems to be normal for people with NF-1.  He has been this way since he was born, but luckily, now that he is older, when he gets up in the middle of the night, I don't have to get up, too!  He is very considerate and tries to be very quiet, so most of the time now I don't even know when he is up (typically he wakes up between 2 and 3 AM)  Anyway, when I came down one morning, there was Roman, asleep on the couch after being up in the middle of the night, but he has in his hand some leftovers!  I thought it was so funny, that I got a quick picture in before he woke up!


 Quinton loves to play with the camera.  Here are a few shots that he took of himself.  These seemed to really showcase his personality, so I had to post them!




Olympia and I decided not to do the Farmer's Market this year.  As the time was approaching to commit for the market, we were really dreading it.  Once we are there, it is a lot of fun, and it feels good to have people coming out to the market just for our booth, but it is SO MUCH work, while not making that much money.  I have to say that this summer has been so much better for me and the kids since I am not spending 8 hours every Friday baking and every Saturday at the Market.

However, we are still fulfilling special order requests.  This is a cake that my neighbor ordered for her husband.






Below are a few videos; 

1. The kids swinging outside on a beautiful day.  The other boy is one of our great neighbors, Grant.

2.  Roman telling a story.  Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly as dramatic as he usually tells a story.  He told me the story and it was so adorable the way he did it, that I asked him to tell it again for the camera, but I guess he wasn't feeling as dramatic on the retelling.

3.  Roman and Domenic showing off their dance moves!

4.  Domenic eating some ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment