Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Closing the Gap



Historically, it seems like I post every six months or so, catching up on the half-year that has elapsed.  However, I have been getting better, and you'll notice that  my last group of posts were in April - only 4 months ago!!  At this rate, in a couple of years I figure I'll be posting the same month as things are happening!

To catch up, I'll start from today and working backwards....


First Day of School!!!!!!!


Quinton is going into second grade.  His teacher is Mrs. Hernandez.  We met her on Monday at Open House, and she seems very nice.  Word has it that she is also very funny. Quinton is a BIG talker (gets that from me), but usually he is a little shy on initial meetings.  Not so this last Monday.  From the moment we stepped foot into the school until we were back in the car that boy did not stop talking.

"Mom, I can show you how to get anywhere in the school.  I know where everything is!"

"Mom, let's go to Roman's class first..."

"Why does Kindergarten get a microwave, that's not fair!!..."

"Minecraft minecraft minecraft minecraft...." (ad infinitem)

His poor teacher!


Roman started Kindergarten today.  He is in Mrs. Reinhart's class.  It is a special class for severely delayed students, so there are only 8 children in the class with 2 teachers.  Antonio and I are very optimistic that this will be a good fit for him and give him the help he needs.  He was picked up by the special needs bus at our driveway, so I wasn't able to see Quinton off (that is why the picture of Quinton getting on the bus is so far away - I wasn't able to get to the bus stop in time to get a closer picture)

Roman is very excited about school - I can only hope that he does as well in Kindergarten as he did in Preschool.


Domenic doesn't start preschool until after Labor Day - so until then we get lots of special one-on-one time.



No comments:

Post a Comment