Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Washington D.C. Trip

My cousin Frankie got married in September.  My cousin Ashley (his sister) and my Aunt Connie came to my wedding, and it really meant a lot to me that they made the effort to attend.  When I received the invitation for his wedding, I told Antonio that I really wanted to go and so he got me a great deal on a flight and car rental (Antonio could be a travel agent - he is really good at getting great deals)  As I was looking at the location of the wedding - Harper's Ferry, West Virginia - I realized that it was very close to Washington D.C. where my college friend, Sarah, lives.  Turns out she was close by and we were able to get together.  She is one of those people who can make you feel like you are her best friend.  She always gives you 100% of her attention, and is so empathetic that you can't help but feel she really gets you.  My Uncle Jim and Aunt Miki also live in the D.C. area, and they invited us all out to dinner at the Officers Club.  I love the idea of live music, but why is it always so darn loud???  You couldn't have a conversation in there the music was so overwhelming.  My parents did get a dance in and Sarah and I also took the leap and danced. They were playing Black Velvet (I think), but it sure was a LONG version!  When there are only two or three of you on the dance floor, an 8 minute song is a little too much!




A quick picture of me and Sarah at the end of the night!


1 comment: