Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Baking Fun

So I have discovered Pick Your Plum...it is a daily deals website.   It just may be my financial undoing!  For the first month or two of signing up to receive their daily emails nothing caught my eye too much to buy, but lately they have had so many things that I love.  It could just be that I go through phases where I just want, want, want and then I also have phases where I feel that I don't need anything.   Right now it seems that I think I want EVERYTHING!!!

But to get to the baking... one of the the things that comes up pretty regularly on Pick Your Plum is baking cups.  They generally are on sale for the equivalent of 50 cents each.  I didn't want to pay that much, but I guessed that I could figure out how to make them.  So one morning I experimented and made these baking cups out of scrapbook paper.  I made banana nut muffins in them.  Here is my attempt at taking "blog worthy" pictures.  I think I need a big light and umbrella and all that fancy stuff to get the pictures like at other blogs.  My pictures don't look "shiny" enough!

Lessons learned: patterned papers look best after baking.  If you are not going to frost them, then it is really important to fill them just right so they look good after baking.



Adorable Domenic waiting to eat one after I finished taking pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment