Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Little Sewing Project and Some Pictures of the Kids

I really love Pinterest.  It is so handy for keeping track of all those fantastic ideas and tutorials on the internet.  Here is a tutorial that I saw on making a little bag.  I made several!  Not that I really need any more makeup bags.  I don't really use them that often, and I have plenty because they seem to be a frequent "free gift" with purchase.

As a side note, one of my favorite uses for a simple make-up bag is a library bag.  Both of my kids (Domenic doesn't have one yet) have library bags that I made.  I just took a tote (another frequent freebie) and sewed a makeup bag into the top of it.  Then my kids can keep their library card in the zippered pouch and pick out their books and carry them around in their bag.  It is very effective.











And now some pictures of the kiddos.  So on our way to church there is a Planned Parenthood center.  One Sunday there was a small group of picketers out front.  Quinton asked what they were doing and I explained that they were expressing their ideas to the public.

He took that to heart and later that day he did a little picketing of this own.  He is trying to show is "angry face" so that I know how serious he is!




Roman's kindergarten has a class pet.  His name is Georgie and he is a stuffed gorilla.  Roman got his chance to take Georgie home and insisted that we had to do THREE things with Georgie.  My idea of three things (seeing Grandma, running errands, and taking him to church) didn't pass muster.  Apparently, it was critical we take Georgie to a RESTAURANT!  (You have to imagine Roman saying this- yelling out "restaurant" with his lips sticking out).  We compromised and Roman and Georgie got to go with Daddy to get takeout pizza.




No comments:

Post a Comment