Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fun with the kids


This is a project from my favorite magazine: Family Fun. I had been wanting to do something cute for plant markers, and then this idea was on the cover of their spring issue. I started saving the milk caps, and when I had enough, Quinton and I made them one afternoon. I love how the flies are "saying" what each plant is!



Roman showing off his great smile while eating his lunch.


Domenic at about 1 month.


Roman(pre-haircut) and Abuela.


Quinton and Roman playing "Piano Lessons."


Abuela keeping a close watch on Roman. She adores this little fellow and is very protective of him.



Quinton showing off his "big boy bike" skills!!! Way to go, Quinton!








Quinton frequently asks me how to write a number or a letter. After countless scraps of paper with the numbers on them, I decided that we needed a more permanent solution. I remembered that I used to put my piano music in sheet protectors so that I could write notes on the page protectors instead of the actual sheet music. I used this same idea for Quinton: I printed out free pages that I found on-line for all the letters and the numbers. Then I bought a zippered binder pouch for some dry erase markers. Now he can practice his numbers and letters as much as he wants. When he wants to start over, he simply wipes off the page protector and starts over!




This is a little project that I had been wanting to do with Quinton for a long time, but I didn't have the right container. Then one day we finished off the pretzels, and I said to myself - this would make a perfect piggy bank! So we raided my craft room and Quinton made the little bank with some help from Daddy.



Enjoying a well-deserved lunch after completing the bank. Miraculously, it is still in great shape (miraculous because you should see what that little piggy had been through!)




Roman and Quinton enjoying their water and sand table (I didn't put sand in it - I just put more water in the sand part). Antonio and I wanted to get them a toy as a special surprise after Domenic was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment