Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fun with Paper!

I love scrapbook papers, but I really don't like scrapbooking. That means that I am always looking for creative ways to use the beautiful papers that I can't help buying!

Here are some of my latest projects:





I made this because I needed something on the wall to finish my Easter decoration. I was very pleased with how it turned out, although if I were to do it over again, I would make the bird with a different paper so it would be easier to see.








This is my inexpensive "art" in my dining room until my money tree starts producing. These are $5 frames of $.20 paper. I wanted something modern looking since my home is decorated very traditionally, and I love the look of modern touches to freshen it up.










This is a stool that I decoupaged for Quinton. I bought this stool unfinished at Michael's. Then I cut out the designs that I liked from some scrapbook paper I had on hand. I just free-cut t - channeling the clouds from the PBS show WordWorld.

3 comments:

  1. I like the modern squares you've got. Are they new? I don't recall seeing them in the past, but I'm not always that observant. I think Ashley has considered doing something similar to your squares thing. We have about 20 frames that we got as gifts but we haven't put any of them to use yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and off-topic: you thought Twilight (the movie) was fantastic? I challenge you to watch it again and keep that opinion! If it was on the CW they would cancel it after two episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I missed that you had a blog until today! Hooray!!!! Such a cute project! I love all your projects! Now we just need to live near enough to each other to do them together.

    ReplyDelete