Thursday, April 9, 2009

Speed Dial Add-on

Now I know that I have written about Speed Dial on my Facebook page, but I simply have to put a plug in for it again. I LOVE THIS APP!

If you are like me, then when you log onto the internet you go to the same 3 or 4 pages: maybe your email, the bank, facebook, or even your blog. Speed Dial lets you see all of these webpages as a little picture on your homepage. And get this - has an option to open all your pages at once.

Not only that, but I have it set up for Quinton, which is a huge help since now he can navigate the computer all by himself. See the picture below for how I have his homepage set up. He has his own profile on the computer, so he logs on as himself. Then when he sees the wireless turn green, he knows he can click on Firefox. His homepage is set up with all of his favorite games, so I don't have to keep navigating for him.

Again, I love this Application!

4 comments:

  1. Quinton can log in to the computer on his own? That seems very advanced for a two-year-old (that's how old he is, right?) Or is that normal nowadays?

    Also, did you have to add the pictures that show up on the speeddial page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinton is 3, but he has been able to log on since he was two. Being his mom, I like to think that he is very advanced, but I think the reality is that it is not uncommon for kids his age to be very proficient on the computer.

    Speeddial is so cool because it is extremely customizable - you can have the actual websites show up in the picture, or as I have done with Quinton, I chose my own pictures. You can also have several tabs of speeddial. I just can't say enough great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel!
    I just got home and checked my e-mail and checked out getting to your blog. Aren't you inpressed I was able to get here?
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only that, but you knew how to leave a comment!! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete